Thursday, September 9, 2010

FOREFATHERS IN ARMS


About a week ago I purchased a book, (Battlefield of the mind, author Joyce Meyer). I hadn’t finished half of the first chapter, when I started thinking about the battlefield in my mind. After I came home from Iraq, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t watch the news, I couldn’t relax in areas with lots of people and I didn’t feel anyone really cared about how I was felt; I didn’t even understand the feeling, myself; there were other soldier who experienced far worst things than I did, so why was I feeling this way “I had no idea”. As time when on, I would make little notice to myself (motivational notices) and without realizing it; these notice helped me mentally (keep it together). The notice help me clear my head and off the things I could no longer do, in some way thinking about those who came before me. A feel of past wars and sacrifices by many Military personnel in all branches of my family made me feel connect in doing something, anything, positive for a very large group - the notice became my motivation and a part of history became my drive. .

Funeral detail for war veterans, Army (Active and Reserve), Navy, Marines, Air Force, is one of the duties in which I take great pride and honor, to respectfully saying goodbye to those who have opened the door to the Military we see today, a duty I could no longer do, not because I didn’t want to, but, because I could no longer handle goodbyes, after all “this was my family”. So, the DLTS project that has consumed almost every thought in my head to this day and on the day it becomes a reality; there will be flags on the top parts of the of one tower, and the base, between the two sections - (basetop - with names of every victims September 11th, 2001 and a light for each one, on the towers) and the the sides (basesides - with the name of every Military person who died in Afghanistan & Iraq), it will read;



To our Forefather in arms, you have shielded us all from harm.

So, with the action of us all, we stand never to fall.

And in your memorial, here - we see,

There was always you - inside me.

And with our action for which you stood,

Protecting the future, heads up high, like we should,

Like only you shown us, we could.



God bless our Forefathers in arms,

Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Reserves in all,

You opened the door and we heard your call.

Forever standing here, now – high and tall,

God bless our Forefather in arms, one in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment