Thursday, September 9, 2010

WAHT IS TRUTH IN SERVICE TO YOU

It has been over five months leaving and think back, how I trusted some individuals only to see their true personalities. For months, in my mind I have pounder this display of disrespect and something like this happen. I remember standing in an office as the voice on a telephone talked about how they could change the direction of my carrier and how I was such a bad soldier. As the lies pop out the speaker and the persons setting back in their chair with a smug look on his face (like he had won the lotto) who connect this three-way conversation; I crossed my arm in emotional fury at the same time, tying not to let it on my face. I was ask then indirectly threatened to give the name of the person who notified me about a project that was not approved “and they were involved”.

As the fury of emotions that I focused to my hands grow, I felt like I was ten again and wanting to strike out but, this is no answer the problem at hand. Soldiers have died over the years in American history for the freedom we have today and now in Iraq and Afghanistan, and there I was and a conversation with two individuals that have dishonor there lives, defending their action with what could happen to my carrier, Woow. In the up coming days I reported the project unanimously only to find out nothing had happen and now “no longer at that unit” facing reporting it again and standing up as the one alerting action. Every time I look at the project I built in honor of September 11th 2001 and the Military who died in Iraq and Afghanistan, I feel the pain and anger all over again, sometimes to the point of tears rolling down my face “what is truth in service” to me, “what was truth in service” to them; “what is truth in service” to us all. As I look at my carrier and what I’ve done, the people I’ve come close to and the once I’ve say goodbye to, I came home when many didn’t and I was blessed to build something to show honor and respect for them so how can I turn away when they have been dishonored, I can’t and I won’t. So if in the process this carrier ends, there is one thing I will always be able to say “ I never dishonor my Country, myself or my Military family” – What is truth in service to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment